2017년 1월 9일 월요일

Lesson 21 Final Test

[Part 1]

Q1

Green Leaf, a fast-growing company that provides natural energy solutions./ is offering a special deal/ to residents in the Oakwood area.

We provide alternative energy solutions for all your energy needs./ from eco-friendly power options to solar panels. and natural lawn care.

If you call in now./ we will give you a free consultation./ this month only!

Don't hesitate. Pick up your phone now!



Q2

Welcome to the grand openning of Sunshine Gallery.

First of all,/ I'd like to thank all of you/ for setting aside time from your busy schedules/ to celebrate this big night with us today.

You have mad this possible/ by giving donations, ideas, and your precious time/ throughout the design and construction process of this new site.

We also have a special guest from Mexico/ Juan Hernandez who is currently displaying his wonderful photographs/ in our gallery.



[Part 2]

Q3 그림 로비 라운지 천장고 높은 곳 실내 나무

This is a picture that was taken in cafe at a hotel.

On the left side of the picture. I can see a few people sitting on the white colored bamboo chairs in a row.

A woman standing in the background of the picture look like a serve working at the hotel.

She is wearing a brown uniform and taking an order from a guest.

Also in the background are some framed pictures on the wall.

On the right side of the picture. On the second floor are some arched entries lead to the balconies.

Also, palm trees and other plants are arranged around the place.

On the lower right side of the picture. many items such as teapots, breads, and fruits are neatly displayed on the bamboo table.

The entire building is painted in white.

It seems very peaceful and the people are enjoying tea time at the hotel.



[Part 3]

Imagine that an American magazine company is writing an article on movies.

You have agreed to participate in a telephone interview about movies.

Q4

How often do you watch movies?

I watch movies abour four times a month.

During weekends. I usually go out and watch a movie with my friends.

Last weekend. I watched a movie called "Finding Nemo" with my friends, and it was very interesting.

Q5

Do you usually watch movies at home or at a movie theater?

I usually watch movies at a movie theater.

The movie theaters have new technology such as wide screens, great sound systems, and 3D or 4D systems.

Advanced technology makes the movies appear more real when I watch them at the theaters.

Q6

Do you prefer to watch serious or entertaining movies?

I prefer to watch entertaining movies. When I watch an entertaining movie, I can relieve my stress from work.

During the weekdays. I am very busy and have tons of things to do at work.

I don't want to add more stress on weekends when I'm supposed to be relaxing.

So, during weekends, I try to do something that's fun and makes me comfortable.

I usually go to the movie theaters to watch comedies or action movies with my friends.

We have a very pleasant time.



[Part 4]

Business trip to San Francisco July 19~20

Jim Howard

July 19 Tue.

9 AM                 Depart for San Francisco-Pacific Airways #81

3 PM ~ 5 PM        Meeting with the president of Exciting Designs

7 PM ~ 9 PM        Dinner with James Huntinburg, client - Grand Lux Restaurant

July 20 Wed.

10 AM ~ 12 PM     Meeting with the Design team - Exciting Designs Office

12 PM ~ 2 PM       Lunch

2 PM ~ 5 PM        Presentations - Exiciting Designs Marketing team

8 PM                  Return to Chicago (Pacific Aireways #23)

Hello, I'm Jim Howard. I know that I will be going on a business trip to San Francisco tomorrow.

But I left the agenda at the office. So I'd like you to look it over and answer my questions.

Q7

At what time will I leave for Sanfrancisco and which flight will I be taking?

You will leave for Sanfrancisco at 9 AM on July 19 by Pacific Airways # 81.

Q8

I have an old friend in San Francisco, and I'd like to meet him for dinner on Tuesday night.

I don't have any plans for dinner on that day, right?

No. I'm afraid you have something else planned at that time.

You will have dinner with your client James Huntinburg at Grand Lux Restaurant.

Q9

I'm going to San Francisco to have some meetings with Exciting Designs.

Could you tell me what plans I have with them?

Sure, you will with people from Exciting Designs three times during your trip.

First, on July 19 at 3PM, you will have a meeting with the president of Exciting Designs.

On the next day at 10 AM, there is a meeting with the design team at Exciting Designs Office.

After lunch at 2 PM, you will see the presentations by Exciting Designs Marketing team.



[Part 5]

Q10

In your response be sure to

show that tou recognize the problem and propose a way of dealing with the problem.



Hello, this is Erica Kirkwood from the Personnel Department.

As you know, we are planning the big expansion of our business to expand into the European market next year.

so we will need to hire some engineers to work at the new branch.

We have posted the job openings on the major recruiting sites and are working with headhunters to find suitable candidates.

However, we have been having difficulty finding eligible people.

To be specific, we need two experienced mechanical engineers and two electrical engineers.

The two electrical engineers don't have to be experienced because we wil provide them with comrehensive training.

Since you are the manager, I was hoping you could help me with this.

Do you know anyone who may eligible for the job?

We are planning to finish recruiting by the end of the month so that we may start the training sessions next month.

Since this is very important to us, we plan to provide the newly employed engineers with excellent benefits.

Any suggestions or ideas will be very much appeciated.

Please fell free to call me any time if you have further questions about this.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.



Hello, Erica. this is Janet returning your call.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty, and I understand that it must be very stressful for you now.

From the information you have given me, it seems that we need four engineers to work at the new branch.

but that is has been hard finding suitable candidates, so you need some help or ideas to solve this problem.

After getting your message. I had a meeting with some of our engineers.

The idea brought up was to ask our own engineers if they know of any eligible classmates or previous coworkers who can apply for the job.

Since we need two experienced engineers, it would be easier to use the connections that our engineers have.

We will post an announcement for the engineers on the bulletin board and also tell them in person at our weekly meeting on Monday.

Since we still have some time left.

I'm sure it will all work out well. If you need further help with this. just let me know anytime. Good Luck!



[Part 6]

Q11

When you have a make an important decision. Who do you think is the best person to get advice from?

* Parents * Teachers * Religious leaders



When I have to make an important decision, I always ask my parents for advice.

There are several reasons to support my opinion.

First of all, my parents have years of experience in life, so they can guide me well when they give advice.

My parents have alreaddy gone through the difficulties and various experiences that I am only encountering now.

It would help me to make a better decision when I hear second-hand experience from my parents.

Second, since I have spent my whole life with my parents, they know me better and understand me more deeply than anyone else.

Thus, they know what is best for me and what is important to me, so then I ask for advice, they can give me useful and pratical tips.

Then, I can make the right decision based on their advice.

These are the reason why I think that my parents, rather than teachers and religious leaders, are the best people to get advice from when I have to make an important decision.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기